Subject: Re: PCI on Compaq deskpro 4000 ?
To: Manuel BOUYER <bouyer@antioche.lip6.fr>
From: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@nas.nasa.gov>
List: port-i386
Date: 10/16/1997 07:28:03
On Thu, 16 Oct 1997 12:07:39 +0200
 Manuel BOUYER <bouyer@antioche.lip6.fr> wrote:

 > Would be nice if this can avoid this kind of problem. But this may introduce
 > new problems due to broken PCI biosses ...

I suspect that using the PCI BIOS will actually be more reliable.  I.e.
I'm fairly certain that M$ operating systems use this method, and I must
say that I've never seen NT get the PCI configuration mode wrong.

I'm fairly certain Linux uses the PCI BIOS to determine the configuration
mode, as well.

NAS: M/S 258-6                                       Work: +1 415 604 0935