Subject: Re: Laptop support...
To: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@nas.nasa.gov>
From: Peter Seebach <seebs@herd.plethora.net>
List: port-i386
Date: 10/14/1997 13:03:11
In message <199710141753.KAA20112@lestat.nas.nasa.gov>, Jason Thorpe writes:
>On Tue, 14 Oct 1997 11:38:07 -0500
>...so, at least this one works.  But it works by emulating a pcic in
>ISA space.

>Does the Cirrus do that?

I don't know.  I really have no clue.  I don't *think* it does.  I've
been playing with the BSD/OS driver, which has lots of  #ifdef NetBSD
in it... It *looks* just like a Cirrus 6279 - up until it won't probe
correctly, that is.  :)  (I mean, if I add the new product ID, it
still won't work...)

>FWIW, I'm hoping that the marc-pcmcia branch will be on the trunk in the
>next 2 or 3 days, BTW.  (Like, _just_ in time for 1.3 cut..)

Cool!  Hmm.  If I wanted to play with this, how would I get involved?

(Although it may be possible for me to just boot from the floppy and
use the local CD, it turns out - this thing can *boot* from a
floppy-on-the-parallel-port!  Unfortunately, the CD doesn't seem to
spin...)

-s