Subject: Re: serial-console boot blocks?
To: Matthias Drochner <drochner@zelux6.zel.kfa-juelich.de>
From: Rob Windsor <windsor@warthog.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 10/07/1997 14:38:02
Verily did Matthias Drochner write:

> Excerpts from netbsd: 7-Oct-97 Re: serial-console boot blo.. Rob
> Windsor@warthog.com (1744)
>
> > So, you're suggesting that I do the following?:
> > [...]

> Looks OK.
> The "-DCOMCONS_KEYPRESS" is meaningless in this context, and
> "CONSPEED" defaults to 9600 anyway, but it should work.
> If not, tell me.

Yeah, I took that out (see stray post between one you replied to and this one)

>> NetBSD/i386 BIOS Boot, Revision 2.2
>> (windsor@grunge, Tue Oct  7 15:23:58 CDT 1997)
>> Memory: 639/15360 k
Use hd1a:netbsd to boot sd0 when wd0 is also installed
Press return to boot now, any other key for boot menu
booting wd0a:netbsd - starting in 0
exec: short read
boot: wd0a:netbsd: Input/output error
booting wd0a:netbsd.gz
boot: wd0a:netbsd.gz: No such file or directory
booting wd0a:netbsd+ - starting in 0
boot: wd0a:netbsd+: No such file or directory

Ok, it kicks out info nicely enough, but it wouldn't take input from the
serial port.

It's also apparently wedged at:

root on wd0a dumps on wd0b
root file system type: ffs
de0: enabling 10baseT port
<-- here

But that's something else that I'm trying to figure out.

-- Rob
Internet: windsor@warthog.com
Life: Rob@Carrollton.Texas.USA.Earth

The weather is here, wish you were beautiful.