Subject: pcmcia
To: None <port-i386@NetBSD.ORG>
From: der Mouse <mouse@Rodents.Montreal.QC.CA>
List: port-i386
Date: 09/23/1997 17:33:46
What's the current state of PCMCIA support?

I'm asking because there's this laptop onto which we'd like to install
a system, but it'd be a _lot_ faster to suck it over ethernet than to
sneakernet floppies.  And its only Ethernet is a PCMCIA card.  The
install floppy boots fine, but doesn't detect the network; the only
lines in the device probe output I don't understand are pchb0 and npx0,
whatever they are.  And ifconfig -a shows just lo0, sl0, and sl1.

I suppose we could SLIP to something else....

					der Mouse

			       mouse@rodents.montreal.qc.ca