Subject: Re: Weird PCI EIDE?
To: None <seebs@solutions.solon.com>
From: Mike Long <mikel@shore.net>
List: port-i386
Date: 09/19/1997 02:48:54
>Date: Thu, 18 Sep 1997 21:15:14 -0500 (CDT)
>From: Peter Seebach <seebs@solutions.solon.com>
>
>Is it typical for the EIDE controller on a PC board not to be probed
>or recognized?  If not, what else might I have done wrong?  This machine
>(with a different CPU) was running BSD/OS just fine.  I'm hoping to
>set it up with NetBSD as my new ISP's secondary.

What does BSD/OS' autoconfig report?

My best guess is that the EIDE controller is located at neither the
primary nor the secondary I/O bases supported by GENERIC, but at a
de-facto-standardized tertiary or quarternary address.  I know that
they use I/O ranges 0x168-0x16f and 0x1e8-0x1ef and IRQs 10 and 11,
but I forget which interrupt goes with which range.
--
Mike Long <mikel@shore.net>                http://www.shore.net/~mikel