Subject: =?iso-8859-1?Q?How_to_install_a_kernel_=3F=B2?=
To: i386 NetBSD <port-i386@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Eric Delcamp <edelcamp@easynet.fr>
List: port-i386
Date: 09/18/1997 13:03:02
Hi,

I have configured my 386 system with no problems.
The next step is to install the kernel on root.
So, I put kernel floppy in drive, boot, and when system ask to insert file
system disk, I remove the floppy, and press a key.
But NetBSD want to find the root on the floppy, not on the HD.

wdc0 at isa0 port 0x1f0-0x1f7 irq 14
wd0 at wdc0 drive 0: 1221MB, 2482 cyl, 16 head, 63 sec, 512 byte/sec
<ST31277A>
wd0: using 16-sector, 16-bit pio transfer, lba addressing
changing root device to fd0a
... some error reading floppy (no disk inserted ;-)

I use a boot selector to switch from DOS/NETBSD. ID of BSD partition is 165.
I don't see where is the problem.

Any help ?