Subject: Re: P200 crashing while probing for "de" ethernet card
To: Michael Graff <explorer@flame.org>
From: Curt Sampson <cjs@portal.ca>
List: port-i386
Date: 09/12/1997 13:10:17
On 12 Sep 1997, Michael Graff wrote:

> Hmm.  All I know is that with the card in the machine fails to boot, with it
> out it starts up just fine.  The card works well (in fact, it was pulled
> from) in other systems.

Try compiling a kernel with TULIP_DEBUG defined. That might show
you the problem, and even let the card work. My Alpha, with an SMC
10/100 card with an MII interface on it, deferences a bogus pointer
unless I've got TULIP_DEBUG defined. (This is a system over a month
old; I've not had a chance to compile up current and track down
the bug a little further.)

cjs

Curt Sampson    cjs@portal.ca	   Info at http://www.portal.ca/
Internet Portal Services, Inc.	   Through infinite myst, software reverberates