Subject: Re: Installation troubles...
To: Frank van der Linden <frank@wins.uva.nl>
From: Mason Loring Bliss <mason@acheron.middleboro.ma.us>
List: port-i386
Date: 09/11/1997 10:36:51
On 9/11/97 at 10:59 AM +0200, you wrote:

> To determine if this is a problem in -current, you should try to boot
> 1.2.1 again. Don't use the inst121.fs image to boot; it is the 2nd
> floppy you need. Instead, use one of the kc*121.fs floppies (in your
> case it doesn't matter which), and tell us what happens.

Okay... I'll go snag a kc image, and report back posthaste. Also, someone
else suggested that perhaps the kernel isn't finding its console, which
seems like a valid possibility, in which case a serial console might work.
But I'll try the 1.2.1 boot disk first to see what happens.

--
        Mason Loring Bliss    /\    mason@acheron.middleboro.ma.us
     www.webtrek.com/mason   /()\   awake ? sleep() : dream();