Subject: Problems making 1.2G boot on an HP Pavilion 8140
To: None <port-i386@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Michael Graff <explorer@flame.org>
List: port-i386
Date: 09/06/1997 16:31:50
I have one of these critters at hand (200Mhz pentathing with mmx)
and 1.2G crashes while rebooting every time.  1.2.1 will boot without a
problem, but the network card (de) uses revision 2.2 of the chip, and
1.2.1 can't talk to it correctly, so I can't get it on the net with 1.2.1.

I have DDB installed in the kernel.  However, "boot -sd" will not pause
before running the kernel.

I think it is crashing right after printing out the real memory in the
system (but it is possible something else is printed but the display
resets too fast...) but I know nothing about the memory configuration
or VM subsystem in general.

Any hints?

--Michael