Subject: aperture driver
To: None <port-i386@NetBSD.ORG>
From: maximum entropy <entropy@zippy.bernstein.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 09/06/1997 02:21:30
Hi,

Sorry if this is an FAQ (it's not in the FAQ's and I couldn't find it
in the mail archives)...

Where can I get the aperture driver so that I don't need to have
"options INSECURE" in my kernel in order to run X?

I looked all over ftp.netbsd.org and ftp.xfree86.org (including
downloading every file in the XFree86 3.3 binary distribution and
looking grovelling through them all..

Every bit of documentation I found on this topic simply said to take
the ap.o file and add it to the LKM configuration, but I don't have
the file or even the directory it's supposedly in.

I'd prefer source code to build the driver myself, unless it requires
a full XFree source tree to do so.

In case it matters, I'm running NetBSD 1.2G, supped about a week ago.
Oh yeah, and I'm running XFree86 3.3 at the moment, not 3.3.1, though
I plan to upgrade soon.

TIA,
entropy