Subject: Re: Netscape communicator can't allocate memory.
To: None <port-i386@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Alicia da Conceicao <alicia@2001.ca>
List: port-i386
Date: 09/04/1997 13:22:58

Frank van der Linden <frank@wins.uva.nl> wrote:
> Ah, in that case the problem seems to be that execve() sees that the
> text segment of the executable is too big (i.e. above the limit).
> The limit for the text segment was 8Mb in 1.2, this might just
> be too small for Communicator. It's 64Mb in -current.
> What you can do about this is edit /usr/src/sys/arch/i386/include/vmparam.h
> and change MAXTSIZ to something bigger than 8Mb, then recompile. 12Mb will
> probably do for Communicator, but you might as well make it 64Mb.

Dear NetBSD users:

Following Frank's advice, I upped the MAXTSIZ and other values
in vmparam.h, recompiled the kernel, and rebooted the new kernel.
With the new kernel, communicator runs great without any problems.
:-)

Cheers, Alicia.
-----
 Name: Alicia da Conceicao   NIC: AD454                             ___
Title: VP of Development     Bus: Millennium Communications Inc.___/___\___
Email: alicia@2001.ca        WWW: http://www.2001.ca           <__|_____|__>
Phone: 416-203-2001 x232     Fax: 416-203-9349                     \___/
Smail: 207 Queen's Quay West, Suite 430, Toronto, Ontario, M5J-1A7, Canada