Subject: Re: setting up my ed2
To: Andrew Y Ng <ayn@Ngbert.org>
From: Curt Sampson <cjs@portal.ca>
List: port-i386
Date: 09/03/1997 10:49:02
On Tue, 2 Sep 1997, Andrew Y Ng wrote:

> he only got the generic kernel came with the floppy, i looked at his
> boot messages and it saids ed2 is recognized...
>
> I tried to ifconfig ed2 with 'ifconfig ed2 128.2.92.145', and I got
> the same results--"ed2 times out" whenever I tried to use the card.

Quite possibly the interrupt is set wrong. The ed driver will just
go ahead and say `I'm using IRQ 10'; if the card doesn't match,
you won't receive packets.

Another possibility is that this is an SMC card; these cards get
tromped on by the wd driver at the same address. If so, move it to
ed0 or ed1.

cjs

Curt Sampson    cjs@portal.ca	   Info at http://www.portal.ca/
Internet Portal Services, Inc.	   Through infinite myst, software reverberates