Subject: JDK1.1.1 (L*NUX port), was Re: applix
To: Jukka Marin <jmarin@pyy.jmp.fi>
From: Hauke Fath <hf@melog.de>
List: port-i386
Date: 06/27/1997 16:09:51
At 12:44 26.06.97 +0300, Jukka Marin wrote:
>So, no-one has nothing that might help with the Applix problem? :-(

Ahh, no, not really, sorry...

>I patched select() (thanks to
>someone) in the linux emulation code and Applix started running - maybe
>the slowness is a related problem?  Maybe the select() patch was less
>than perfect?

Is this a known issue with the Linux emulation?

I am currently trying to run the Linux port of the Sun JDK 1.1.1 on stock
NetBSD 1.2.1. I am playing around with a CORBA-compliant Java ORB
(<http://www.inf.fu-berlin.de/~brose/jacorb>); an example compiles fine but
dies with a socket-related error:
"java.net.SocketException: Transport endpoint is already connected
	at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.doConnect(PlainSocketImpl.java:290)"

Anyone successfully playing with JDK 1.1.1 on NetBSD/i386? (Kaffe does not
even compile 8( )

	hauke

--
Hauke Fath                              Melog Software GmbH
                                        D-69115 Heidelberg