Subject: Re: adding extra hard disk?
To: Rick Copeland <rickgc@calweb.com>
From: Wonko the Sane <wonko@blackhole.arkham.net>
List: port-i386
Date: 06/23/1997 17:13:26
Rick Copeland drunkenly mumbled...

> Wonkamundo,
>
> Are you saying that it is not required to alter or add to the fstab file?
> What I would like to do is add the second and third hard disks as "/home1
> and /home2"  this would be on preferably  partition "f" and "g" respectively.
oh, well there is that little bit. :)

ok, just make the filesystems on the drives, they don't need to be on different
partitions if they are on seperate drives, but if you would make them like that
just add these two lines to your fstab file and it will mount them at boot.

/dev/sd1f /home1 ffs rw 1 2
/dev/fd2g /home2 ffs rw 1 2

and it should work fine.  you can also mount them manually after setting up
the filesystems on them.

mount /dev/sd1f /home1
mount /dev/sd2g /home2

if these are going to be two partitions on one drive replace sd2g with sd1g

-brian

--
** Brian Hechinger ** wonko@mail.arkham.net ** http://www.arkham.net **