Subject: Re: adding extra hard disk?
To: Rick Copeland <rickgc@calweb.com>
From: Wonko the Sane <wonko@blackhole.arkham.net>
List: port-i386
Date: 06/23/1997 16:21:13
Rick Copeland drunkenly mumbled...

> I currently have Netbsd 1.2c running on a 586 machine.  The kernel has been
> hacked to allow several different tape decks to run.  I am happy with the
> setup except I need more hard disk space.  My current setup looks like the
> following:
>
>         A         /          root
>         B         swap
>         E         /usr
>
> Drive type is SCSI, disk is 270 megs.  Is there a way to add more hard disks
> without reinstalling or upsetting the current system?

you should just be able to plug it in and it will work.  the drive you are
using now is sd0, the new drive will be sd1  simple as that, shouldn't mess
with your tape drives at all.  as long as your kernel is configured to handle
more than one drive (sd*     at scsibus? target ? lun ?) it should pick the
new drive up automagically.

-brian

--
** Brian Hechinger ** wonko@mail.arkham.net ** http://www.arkham.net **