Subject: Re: NetBSD and FreeBSD co-existing
To: Jonathan Stone <jonathan@DSG.Stanford.EDU>
From: Andrew Brown <codewarrior@daemon.org>
List: port-i386
Date: 06/22/1997 21:27:31
> From: Jonathan Stone
>
>Andrew Brown has reported similar problems installing onto systems
>with LILO in the MBR.  I don't think it's entirely due to pilot error
>in either case.  (And even if it *were*, IMHO disklabel and the
>install tools should do better checks, and give better warnings about
>what they think they're doing. Because it looks like they're doing
>_something_ wrong.)

actually...my original intention was to leave the mbr completely alone
so that the "active" flag would actually work.  then make the linux
partition active and have lilo ask what i wanted booted.

now i'm "stuck" with a floppy disk doing the work...  :-/

--
|-----< "CODE WARRIOR" >-----|
andrew@echonyc.com (TheMan)        * "ah!  i see you have the internet