Subject: Re: mounting non-BSD partitions.
To: John F. Woods <jfw@jfwhome.funhouse.com>
From: Darren Reed <darrenr@cyber.com.au>
List: port-i386
Date: 06/22/1997 03:48:07
In some mail I received from John F. Woods, sie wrote

> We are talking about the same problem, I'm just doing it poorly ;-).
> As I said in a subsequent correction (which didn't go to port-i386
> because I fat-fingered the To: line), the person who pointed out the
> above also said that it would be desiragle to make the 16->32bit
> change at the same time as expanding the partition table.  So, if you
> have a backward compatability hack for one case, you can use the same
> hack for the other case, too.

Ummm, I think we have three things being handled here then (well, on this
subject anyway ;)

1: accessing non-BSD fdisk-partitions.
2: allowing 16 partitions inside a BSD fdisk-partition.
3: using 32 bits for minor #'s rather than 16 bits.

Doing 3 will help 1 & 2, but doing 2 won't solve 1.

Darren