Subject: Re: NetBSD and FreeBSD co-existing
To: Rick Byers <rickb@iaw.on.ca>
From: Joel Reicher <void@yoyo.cc.monash.edu.au>
List: port-i386
Date: 06/21/1997 23:45:45
Might be a statement of the obvious, but I had the NetBSD install clobber
my DOS MBR first time I tried to install it. I (stupidly) ignored the
warning about overwriting the disk that it gives.

The reason was simply that I got the disk geometry wrong. Due to
translation, it didn't agree with what DOS was using.

Now that I think about it, I realise that I don't actually know if the
MBR goes beyond one block. Does it? If not, the problem is less obvious,
but I can definitely say that translation did it.

	- Joel