Subject: Re: multiple isa ep* devices
To: Chris Jones <cjones@rupert.honors.montana.edu>
From: Jonathan Stone <jonathan@DSG.Stanford.EDU>
List: port-i386
Date: 06/20/1997 13:51:59
>I've got two 3Com 509 ethernet cards, and I'd like to put both of them
>in one box.  The PNP support doesn't seem complete for them, so I've
>put them in non-PNP mode, and I gave them different irqs and base
>addresses.  However, I can't get the kernel to recognize them.  Here's
>what I've tried:

If these are 3c509B's, they should work in PnP mode.  One card
certainly does work.  The trick is, you have to remove the non-PNP isa
entry from your kernel config first, because doing the ISA scan for
3c509s messes up the PnP configuration state.

The ep manual page should describe this -- oops, it doesnt :(.