Subject: Re: FreeBSD emulation
To: John F. Woods <jfw@jfwhome.funhouse.com>
From: Perry E. Metzger <perry@piermont.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 06/20/1997 13:20:04
"John F. Woods" writes:
> There is a set of unofficial patches which supplies a device driver for
> ATAPI CD-ROMs for NetBSD (I don't know where, someone else can volunteer
> this information).

All such patches are maintained on ftp.netbsd.org in pub/NetBSD/arch/i386

> With luck, the ATAPI CD-ROM support will be in NetBSD 1.3.

Possible, but unclear. There is an outstanding issue, which is that
the ATAPI code apparently should really share most of its subsystem
with the SCSI code, and operate as a SCSI translation layer, and this
work has not been performed yet. At the very least, though, there will
probably be a well supported set of ATAPI patches for 1.3

Perry