Subject: Re: dosboot.com
To: None <perry@piermont.com>
From: Martin Husemann <martin@rumolt.teuto.de>
List: port-i386
Date: 06/20/1997 08:39:49
> First, if you are trying to do this from windows, try re-building
> using -current -- Matthias committed some fixes that will be of
> interest.

While I second your recommendation, there is one minor nit: even the
-current version won't work from inside Windows 95 or Windows NT - but
it will work in a default Windows 95 version when booted to the DOS
prompt (which means: himem.sys is installed). It won't work if any
fancy memory managers (emmm386, quemm, ...) are installed or you are
running inside a dos window (i.e. the cpu is in v86 mode).

Martin