Subject: Re: pcvt console size (other than 25)
To: Andrew Brown <codewarrior@daemon.org>
From: Rick Byers <rickb@iaw.on.ca>
List: port-i386
Date: 06/19/1997 15:00:13
On Thu, 19 Jun 1997, Andrew Brown wrote:

> >You have to load the fonts, change the cursor size and tell scon to use
> >that mode.  Here is a little script I wrote to toggle 50 line mode:
>
> yes, i see that now.  i was confused because i already *had* a 50 line
> font on the screen.  now, if someone could only explain to me the
> reason for having eight font slots under vga but only four possible
> line counts...  maybe i need to hack on pcvt and scon so that i can
> pick a fontslot to display, and then maybe also add something so i can
> set the typematic rate and delay...

The 8 font slots are actually in the card itself, not a "feature" of pcvt.
PCVT is just utilizing the hardware to it's extent.  There are high and
low character sets, so pcvt actually comes with 8 font files that could
all be loaded at once.  You can also make your own fonts to use.  I'm not
totally sure how to switch fonts, but there should be a way (there are
various confusing escape sequences for font manipulation).

kcon will change the typmatic rate and delay...

	Rick

Rick Byers                                      Internet Access Worldwide
rickb@iaw.on.ca                                System Admin, Tech Support
Welland, Ontario, Canada                                    (905)714-1400
http://www.iaw.on.ca/rickb/                         http://www.iaw.on.ca/