Subject: Re: Weird Ethernet problem w/ new box
To: Bill Studenmund <skippy@macro.stanford.edu>
From: Martin Husemann <martin@rumolt.teuto.de>
List: port-i386
Date: 06/17/1997 08:08:34
> I tried a different board, and it seems fine. Unfortunately I've lost the
> receipt for the sick one. :-(

This may not be related, but I've seen NE2000 clones which won't work in
any way under any OS before they have met their DOS config utility.
(I happend to return the fourth card in series to the dealer before we
actually considered this, the card's had a jumper selecting two predefined
and one software setting - but they won't use any of the predefined settings
before the DOS utility initialized them. I would stay away from such products,
but it was a customer...)

Martin