Subject: Want to Trade an SMC EtherPower 10/100 for an SMC EtherPower 10/100
To: NetBSD i386 Users <port-i386@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Curt Sampson <cjs@portal.ca>
List: port-i386
Date: 06/15/1997 00:49:21
No, that's not a typo. :-)

I've got a step 2.0 SMC Etherpower 10/100 (PCI Ethernet card). I
bought this to netboot one of my Alphas, but unfortunately the boot
PROM in the alpha doesn't understand the step 2.0 cards, just the
step 1.2 cards. Matt's new de driver understands the step 2.0 cards,
however.

Since PC users don't need to worry about this netboot problem, I'm
wondering if there's some kind i386 user out there who runs
NetBSD-current and would be willing to swap a step 1.2 card for a
step 2.0 card. I'll be happy to pay all the shipping costs. I would
send you my card, and then you could send me yours after you receive
mine and verify that it works, so that you suffer minimal downtime.

The step number of the chip is printed in the boot messages, BTW.

cjs

Curt Sampson    cjs@portal.ca		Info at http://www.portal.ca/
Internet Portal Services, Inc.		`And malt does more than Milton can
Vancouver, BC   (604) 257-9400		 To justify God's ways to man.'