Subject: Re: cross-compiler
To: Frank van der Linden <frank@wins.uva.nl>
From: Curt Sampson <cjs@portal.ca>
List: port-i386
Date: 06/13/1997 07:48:27
On Fri, 13 Jun 1997, Frank van der Linden wrote:

> However, last time I tried this, gcc would work fine, I think the
> cross-assembler was ok too, but linking would produce binaries that
> wouldn't work on NetBSD/i386.

Actually, the bug was in the cross-assembler. This should have been
fixed in binutils-2.8. There's a patch for binutils-2.7 on my web
page, <http://www2.portal.ca/~cjs/>.

However, you will only be able to link static binaries; NetBSD
a.out dynamic linking is not supported by current versions of gnu
binutils.

cjs

Curt Sampson    cjs@portal.ca		Info at http://www.portal.ca/
Internet Portal Services, Inc.		`And malt does more than Milton can
Vancouver, BC   (604) 257-9400		 To justify God's ways to man.'