Subject: Re: When is the next release or snapshot due?
To: None <port-i386@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Heiko W.Rupp <hwr@pilhuhn.de>
List: port-i386
Date: 06/08/1997 08:16:37
In <199706061606.MAA22220@untraceable.net>, Andrew Brown wrote:
:|sounds like chickens and eggs to me...  :)

If you have a more or less 'generic' confikuration, you will not have
big problems. Else ...

What I am doing is: save the original config file. Build the new system/
kernel. At one point only my console hardware and disks are supported
(eth. Cards use interrupts, that are non standard). Then I build a new
kernel on the new system with my config values, do a reboot and all is
good again.

--
Heiko W.Rupp        Gerwigstr.5        D-76131  Karlsruhe    +49 721 9661524
In a Rome laundry:  Ladies, leave your clothes here and spend the