Subject: Re: 2 quick questions
To: Ted Lemon <mellon@hoffman.vix.com>
From: Joel Reicher <void@yoyo.cc.monash.edu.au>
List: port-i386
Date: 06/07/1997 09:15:53
On Fri, 6 Jun 1997, Ted Lemon wrote:

> The NetBSD disk label goes in the first sector of the NetBSD DOS
> partition if you are sharing the disk between DOS and NetBSD.   OS-BS
> has nothing to do with this.

Firstly, the two are not sharing a disk. I have two disks, and they get a
disk each. My DOS disk is the primary master, so that's where the BIOS looks.

Secondly, I'm using the OS-BS _beta_, which rights to a few sectors of
the disk other than the bootblock. I know which ones, but I _don't_ know
where disklabel would write. The whole point of my question is to ensure
that OS-BS really won't have anything to do with this. :)

	- Joel