Subject: Re: When is the next release or snapshot due?
To: Curt Sampson <cjs@portal.ca>
From: Andrew Brown <codewarrior@daemon.org>
List: port-i386
Date: 06/06/1997 10:47:57
> From: Curt Sampson
>
>>On Fri, 6 Jun 1997, Rex McMaster +61 03 9883-7569 wrote:
>>
>> I wonder whether this procedure will be possible with a
>> more disparate upgrade - eg to 1.3. That is, will a 1.2 kernel run
>> with 1.3 tools for the duration of the kernel rebuild period.
>
>No, it will not.

more properly put, will 1.3 tools run under a 1.2 kernel?  if the 1.3
tools won't run under a 1.2 kernel, and the 1.3 kernel (which you can
only build with 1.3 tools, that i guess you'd have to build under 1.2)
won't run really well with 1.2 tools (no one has actually said this,
but i'm guessing that at least a few things would be broken), what is
one to do?  upgrade from 1.2 to 1.3 from source only?

--
|-----< "CODE WARRIOR" >-----|
andrew@echonyc.com (TheMan)        * "ah!  i see you have the internet