Subject: Update: Not a problem in com.c
To: None <port-i386@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Geir Inge Jensen <geiri@jk1.Cc.UiT.No>
List: port-i386
Date: 05/21/1997 23:28:57
Hi,

I posted previously about my problems with that the kernel loop'ed in
com.c, procedure com_iflush.

I have been debugging the com-driver, and found that all registers on the
card contained 0xff. After some further digging, I found that 2 of my
com-ports function as expected, leaving the first 2 broken.

My first two com-ports is located on a combined controller-card, which
also contains the IDE hard-disk controller, floppy-disk controller,
LPT0, and one Game-port. As it turns out, none of these function with
current (ie. the whole card doesn't function). However, during boot all
devices are probed correctly. Since this card functions properly on
1.2, what can be wrong here? I don't know where to begin to look...

This is my HW-setup:

	IRQ	BASE-ADDR		CARD

	1	0x060-0x06f		VideoCard
	2				Cascade
	3	0x2f8-0x2ff		Com 1 (16450)
	3	0x2e8-0x2ef		Com 3 (16450)
	4	0x3f8-0x3ff		Com 0 (16450)
	5	0x3e8-0x3ef		Com 2 (16550)
	6	0x3f0-0x3f7		Floppy Drive A:
	7	0x378-0x37f		LPT0
	8				Hardware Clock
	9	0x220-0x237		SoundBlaster16 Audio
	9	0x330-0x331		SoundBlaster16 Midi
	10	0x300-0x30f		3Com 3C509 Ethernet Card
	11	0x130-0x133		Buslogic SCSI-II Card
	12	0x140-0x15F		SoundBlaster SCSI-II Card
	13  	0x0f0-0x0ff		Coprocessor
	14	0x1f0-0x1f7		IDE Disk

	SCSI

	0	Quantum LIGHTNING 730S  241E