Subject: Re: How is "dosboot" supposed to work?
To: Matthias Scheler <tron@lyssa.owl.de>
From: Rick Byers <rickb@iaw.on.ca>
List: port-i386
Date: 05/17/1997 15:53:10
I'm not sure exactly, but I noticed that it works fine if I don't load
HIMEM.SYS.  I assume it has to do with putting the system into protected
mode.  Dosboot runs gateA20(), but himem.sys allready has done that.

	Rick

On 17 May 1997, Matthias Scheler wrote:

> 	Hi,
>
> today I tried the "dosboot" program. I was able to build it with 970513
> sources but when I start it under MS-Duke 6.22 the system simply hangs
> and I have to reset it - CTRL-ALT-DEL doesn't work.
>
> What am I doing wrong?
>
> --
> Matthias Scheler                                http://home.pages.de/~tron/

Rick Byers                                      Internet Access Worldwide
rickb@iaw.on.ca                                System Admin, Tech Support
Welland, Ontario, Canada                                    (905)714-1400
http://www.iaw.on.ca/rickb/                         http://www.iaw.on.ca/