Subject: Re: Speed of linux emul?
To: Jukka Marin <jmarin@pyy.jmp.fi>
From: Brian Hechinger <wonko@blackhole.arkham.net>
List: port-i386
Date: 05/17/1997 05:38:44
Jukka Marin drunkenly mumbled...

> I just installed linux acrobat reader on my Cyrix P166+ / NetBSD 1.2 system
> and the screen updates feel kind of sluggish.  I have a 4 MB Virge VRAM
> gfx card and X is generally pretty fast.  Is anyone running AcroRead and
> feeling it's slow?

i can't comment on the rest, but the native Solaris version of AcroRead seems
to run real slow, even on my SPARCstation 5 which is running Solaris.  i think
acroread is just a big fat pig, and i'm sure linux-emul doesn't help.

-brian

--
"Yes, evil comes in many forms, whether it be a man-eating cow or
 Joseph Stalin, but you can't let the package hide the pudding!  Evil