Subject: Re: PCMCIA support fails on Peacock Challenger 590
To: None <port-i386@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Matthias Scheler <tron@lyssa.owl.de>
List: port-i386
Date: 05/16/1997 12:02:05
In article <199705160821.EAA22604@codex.cis.upenn.edu>,
	"Angelos D. Keromytis" <angelos@dsl.cis.upenn.edu> writes:
>>pcmcia0: slot 0 failed to get cis info 19.
>>

> I remember i had a similar problem with my wavelan card; what i did to
> get rid of it was change pcmcia_get_cisver1() to accept both (maj = 4,
> min = 1) and (maj = 5, min = 0).

I've tried this but it didn't help. The reason is that pcmcia_get_cisver1()
doesn't even find my card, leaves the loop and return ENODEV.

Maybe I must reconfigure the kernel configuration file. Here are the
relevant sections:

pcicmaster0     at isa? port 0x3E0 size 2
pcic0   at pcicmaster0 irq 11 iomem 0xd4000 iosiz 4096
pcic1   at pcicmaster0 irq 12 iomem 0xd5000 iosiz 4096

pcmciabus* at pcic?

ep0     at pcmciabus? port 0x300 size 0x10 irq 10 slot ?

Under MS-DOS the card is probed at port 0x500 and irq 5. Should I try
these values?

--
Matthias Scheler                                http://home.pages.de/~tron/