Subject: Re: serial port boards
To: None <port-i386@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Laine Stump <laine@MorningStar.Com>
List: port-i386
Date: 05/14/1997 01:53:33

On Tue, 13 May 1997 20:44:38 GMT, tomthai@future.net ("Tom T. Thai")
wrote:

>In my order of preference:

>RocketPort from www.comtrol.com
>SuperSerial from www.equinox.com

Uhh, Tom, did you happen to check the hardware compatibility list for
NetBSD before posting this? I didn't think so...

Last time I checked neither one of these cards was supported by NetBSD.
Too bad, since we've got 3 or 4 Rocketports left over from a hardware
product we used to sell, and I'd love to use them with NetBSD.
(I just looked at comtrol's site and they do have a driver in source
form for FreeBSD 2.1, so somebody with slightly more free time than my
negative amount should be able to port it without too much trouble).