Subject: Re: New DMA test kernels available
From: Brian Hechinger <wonko@blackhole>
List: port-i386
Date: 05/08/1997 14:06:04
please ignore my broken email headers, they will be fixed this weekend.

> Excellent!  Thank you very much for the good news!  I can't even begin
> to describe how happy this makes me :-)

makes you feel proud of the work you've done.

> I think that the extra memory is an acceptable trade-off.  After all,
> you've installed extra memory in the machine, yes?  :-)

am i willing to give up 1 or 2M of ram to add RAM over 16M??  you betcha.
even if i add 8M of ram and have to sacrifice 2M for bounce buffers, that's
an extra 6M of RAM for the system i wouldn't have had otherwise. (and every
Meg counts, especially when you run Solaris <g>)  :)

congratulations on the excellent work.

-brian

--
"Yes, evil comes in many forms, whether it be a man-eating cow or
 Joseph Stalin, but you can't let the package hide the pudding!  Evil