Subject: Re: machine crashed, dumped, and is now *hosed*
To: David Brownlee <abs@anim.dreamworks.com>
From: Andrew Brown <codewarrior@daemon.org>
List: port-i386
Date: 05/06/1997 21:15:04
>	Do you know what/where the original partitions were on the disk?
>	If you can reset the disk label you should be able to check each
>	partition in turn to determine which are salvagable.

unfortunately no, i don't.  not off the top of my head anyway.  netbsd
was the first 600 meg (or so) and the dos partition was next (size
relatively unknown).  then a few linux filesystems and a swap partition.
i can probably guess about the order, but i have no idea about the sizes.

>	The DOS partition is probably a good place to begin (checking it
>	under NetBSD).

while i can probably find the dos partition easily enough.  i don't
need any of that.  i was gonna trash it anyway.  i want the other
stuff.  :(

--
|-----< "CODE WARRIOR" >-----|
andrew@echonyc.com (TheMan)        * "ah!  i see you have the internet