Subject: Re: problem with netscape under netbsd
To: None <port-i386@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Matthias Scheler <tron@lyssa.owl.de>
List: port-i386
Date: 05/01/1997 19:16:17
In article <199705011639.SAA00348@rad.rwth-aachen.de>,
	Markus Kilbinger <kilbi@rad.rwth-aachen.de> writes:
> I'm using the BSDI binary of Netscape 3.01 under NetBSD-1.2D.

Me too. When did you download your current-sources?

> Works quite well, but complaints about insufficient memory ('Try closing
> some applications...') when trying to send an email via Netscape.

I just tried it and it works fine. You are sure that you configured
everything under "Mail and News Preferences" correctly?

> I guess the machine I used (a 166 MHz Pentium with 64 MB phys., about
> 200 MB virtual RAM, XFree86 3.2) should be sufficient...

P133, 64MB, 128MB virtual, XFree86 3.2 with 3.2A server here.

BTW why do you use Netscape as mail client anyway? It's lousy! Try
    "mutt" or "elm" instead.

--
Matthias Scheler                                http://home.pages.de/~tron/