Subject: Re: make config for AST 4 port?
To: noud de brouwer <noud@knot.nl>
From: Jukka Marin <jmarin@pyy.jmp.fi>
List: port-i386
Date: 02/27/1997 08:46:53
> i still can't set the baudrate on my multiport card..
> (tryed Jukka Martin's patch) 9600 goes ok any higher means
                  ^ remove that, please :)
> garbadge on the modem.
>
> So i think maybe recompiling the kernel and reconfiguring
> the card can help, not using it as single comms but as
> the AST card. (the manufacturer points to the FreeBSD FAQ
> on how to use the card)

All I know is that I'm using a TC400 board at 57600 bps to connect to
Internet and it works well (except for the overruns and occasional
PPP hangups) under NetBSD 1.2.  This is what I have in my kernel config
file:

tcom0   at isa? port 0x200 irq 9        # TURBO 4COM 4-port serial cards
com*    at tcom? slave ?

  -jm

--

                     ---> http://www.jmp.fi/~jmarin/ <---