Subject: Arrrrgrh!
To: None <port-i386@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Macintosh Guru <gevans@televar.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 02/26/1997 11:19:26
As you can tell already from my email address, I don't have tons of
experience with WIntel based PC's.  However I do have NetBSD up and
running successfully on my Macintosh at home.

I am now attempting to help a friend of mine install NetBSD 1.2 on one of
the PC's here at work, and I have some questions.

1) What software should I use to format the HDD of this PC?
2) How do I make the partitions.  I tried pfdisk.exe, but I think I must
be doing something incorrectly.

3)  When booting from the kernel floppy, I get the following message(s)

	Error: C:60 H:0 S:2
	Error: C:60 H:1 S:0

The above is just a shor texcerpt of the errors.  The preceed and follow
what you see there.  Is this a problem with the way that I tried to format
and partition the drive?

We booted from the kernel floppy on the machine directly next to the
one we are wanting to install upon without problem, however it is an
active workstation, and cannot be made into a Un*x box.

I am not a subscriber to this list, so please make any responses directly
to me.

Thank you,

-Greg Evans (macintosh-guru@televar.com)