Subject: What's going on here?
To: None <port-i386@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Mister Gandalf <mgandalf@Mentasm.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 02/26/1997 01:04:29
I just did a "ps -aux" and found that my AccelX session is taking 27.7% =
of my
memory.  Now, when I went into /proc in that process dir, I found that t=
hat
process is taking 10813440 bytes of memory. Now, all this is fine, unles=
s you
stop to compare this with the figure dmesg gives me for "avail mem" of
60514304 bytes.  Now, if there is indeed a memory leak, could it POSSIBL=
Y be
THAT bad? After all, I have only had the machine up for 1 day since a re=
boot
and I've only been running netscape a couple times.

-- Mark.

--
              Straight from the FOREVER crashing computer!

                              Mentasm FTP
                           HTTP coming soon!
              A3000, 68040/40mhz, 54megs, 3.1gig, Ethernet

                  CLCHAT SERVER!  us4.clchat.vapor.com

                         Mac, Unix, PC, Amiga