Subject: Re: timeout updating leds with new keyboard
To: Wolfgang Rupprecht <wolfgang@wsrcc.com>
From: Dave Huang <khym@bga.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 02/23/1997 16:29:18
On Sat, 22 Feb 1997, Wolfgang Rupprecht wrote:
> any tx to the kbd/mouse?  Could this be?  Perhaps thats why your ps/2
> kbd doesn't listen for tx to it -- its not expecting any.  That would

Apparently, this keyboard does have the TX pin hooked up... I tried a
kernel with the pcvt console driver, and it seems to work just fine... my
LEDs light up now :) So, it looks like there's some sort of
incompatibility between pccons and some keyboards...

BTW, my new keyboard is one of those ergonomic split keyboard things, and
the "6" key is on the right side of the split... I've always used my left
hand to type the "6" though, have I been doing it wrong? :)

> While I find the leds being in the wrong state anonying, the fact that
> one can't program the mouse is downright debilitating.  I have this
> Mouse Systems ps/2 "pro" mouse that insists on bouncing the button on
> release of any button.  In essence it double-clicks on every button
> release.  How does one use one of these ps/2 thingies???  Is there
> really not way to program the mouse to use more reasonable defaults?

Hm, that sounds pretty strange... perhaps it's a defective mouse? I've got
a Logitech Mouseman, and it works great for me...  it's hooked up to the
PS/2 mouse port on an ASUS P55TP4XE pentium motherboard.

Dahan: Hani G Y+C 21 Y++ L+++ W- C++ T++ A+ E+ S++ V++ F- Q+++ P+ B+ PA+ PL++