Subject: Re: Netscape 4.0b2
To: Bernd Ernesti <netbsd@arresum.inka.de>
From: Jordan K. Hubbard <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 02/22/1997 15:01:12
> Take a look into other:
>
> -rw-r--r-- 1 888 999 4780646 Feb 20 18:00 netscape-v40b2-export.x86-unknown-b
sd.tar.gz
> -rw-r--r-- 1 888 999 4738342 Feb 20 18:04 netscape-v40b2-export.x86-unknown-b
sd2.tar.gz

> Mmmh, where is the difference between bsd and bsd2?

I don't know, but I'm willing to find out if you have a more exact URL.
The ftp.netscape.com machines are so busied-out right now that I can't
even browse them. :-)

						Jordan

P.S. I have been actively tracking this whole Navigator-on-BSD issue
for awhile now and I've talked with various Netscape people about the
problems of producing a binary distribution for all the *BSDs.  They
had plans to support just BSD/OS 2.0 shared binaries, which would have
hosed the rest of us, and I pushed back strongly on that, even
offering to do the port myself free of charge (I'd have done it as a
static FreeBSD binary, easily runnable by the other *BSDs).  They
essentially came back with a "you have nothing to worry about, we'll
take care of it" and I've been waiting for further status reports ever
since.  Your reference to the above mystery bits has me curious
now. :-)