Subject: network cards
From: Wonko the Sane @ ~ <wonko@rtfm.wonko.net>
List: port-i386
Date: 02/12/1997 22:28:15
thank you for all your input.  you guys are a great help.  looks like i'm
going to try to find some older SMC (Elite) cards, since a lot of people seem
to like them a whole lot.

i don't need 100MB, i'm just looking to move my 10Base-2 network over to a
10Base-T network since the number of computers in this room is growing at
an alarming rate and a lot of this stuff is already 10Base-T (sparc) as well
as the fact that coax is really starting to piss me off.  i only own two PCs
and they are both ISA based machines, so 100MB is probably a waste, especially
since they won't need that much network bandwidth.  plus 100MB stuff if very
expensive and i don't have the resources right now to invest in it.  maybe
later when i have more than one machine that i feel is worth having 100MB in
it (sparc again)

thanks again for the info!!!!

-wonko