Subject: Re: network cards
To: None <wonko@uscom.com>
From: Curt Sampson <cjs@portal.ca>
List: port-i386
Date: 02/11/1997 17:34:05
On Tue, 11 Feb 1997, Wonko the Sane @ ~ wrote:

> what is the best network card (ISA) for a PC running NetBSD??  i'm going
> to move my i386 to NetBSD soon, and i'm moving from 10Base-2 to 10Base-T
> as well.  i was looking at 3Com and SMC cards and hubs.

The 3Com cards all come with 8K of memory, which is a bit cheap,
IMHO.  The older SMC cards (Elite 16 Ultra) come with 16K but the
newer ones (the EtherEZ) come with only 8K. I've had little luck
getting EtherEZ cards to work under 1.2.

cjs

Curt Sampson    cjs@portal.ca	   Info at http://www.portal.ca/
Internet Portal Services, Inc.	   Through infinite myst, software reverberates