Subject: Re: Printcap problem #1 solved. Next, garbage chars.
To: Curt Sampson <cjs@portal.ca>
From: David Gilbert <dgilbert@jaywon.pci.on.ca>
List: port-i386
Date: 02/10/1997 14:32:19
>>>>> "Curt" == Curt Sampson <cjs@portal.ca> writes:

Curt> On Mon, 3 Feb 1997, David Gilbert wrote:
>> However, I have one printer set up as 'raw' ... a printer with no
>> filter.  I also use the '-l' argument when I use this printer.  Now
>> this does print the document properly, but it spits out one page
>> before and one page after the print.  Furthermore, the first page
>> has the letters 'h b t h b' spaced out across it.  Where do these
>> letters come from?

Curt> That's probably the header, in slightly munged form. Use :sh: in
Curt> your printcap entry to kill that.

	Thanks!  That seems to do the trick.  Now... the manpage for
printcap says that the default is null, so maybe that will be another
thing for a big pr on this issue that I'm collecting up... :).

Dave

|Mail:      dgilbert@jaywon.pci.on.ca         |  equal if and only if they |
|http://www.pci.on.ca/~dgilbert               |   are precisely opposite.  |