Subject: Re: NetBSD Network Card
To: None <mrobert@adissw.ENET.dec.com>
From: Tom Coulter <tcoulter@novatel.ca>
List: port-i386
Date: 02/07/1997 15:44:15

> Hello,
>
> The NetBSD installation notes indicates that it supports the
> 3COM 3C509 Ethernet device.  I have a 3COM 3C509B-TPC (ISA)
> board.  I'm using the coax.  Is the 3C509B supported?  The kernel
> recognizes ep0 properly but I'm having trouble getting the
> network going.  I can't ping anything.  I'm suspecting the hardware
> but I'd like to confirm if the 3C509B support.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Maddy

You may have to configure the card to recognize the coax port by using the
configuration disk supplied by 3Com (3c5x9cfg.exe is the program, I believe).
The flags specified in ep0.hostname will not change the hardware setup.

						...TC

 Tom Coulter (tcoulter@novatel.ca)			 Opinions are mine. Ha.
 Systems Administrator          	 NovAtel Inc., Calgary, Alberta, Canada
"[N]obody but a farmer or the parents of small children really has any
 legitimate need to get up before noon." -- Bill Hall, Lewiston, Idaho, Tribune