Subject: Building SNMP for the 386.
To: None <port-i386@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Dave Burgess <burgess@cynjut.neonramp.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 01/28/1997 21:54:23
I recently tried my hand at building the most recent version of the
UCB-SNMP stuff.

I found the following problems:

1)  There is an assignment that lacks a cast in one of the files.  It
would be innocuous, since the comparison is to NULL, but the compile
fails.

2)  We dont have separate if_name and if_unit stuff anymore.  I simply
changed the if_name to if_xname and left the rest of the code for the
unit hidden behind an 'ifdef 0'.

The server works well in both version 1 and version 2 modes.  SInce I
have a bunch of V1 stuff here on the net, I have stuck pretty much with
v1.
--
Dave Burgess  (The man of a thousand E-Mail addresses)
*bsd FAQ Maintainer / SysAdmin for the NetBSD system in my spare bedroom