Subject: Re: Target mode driver for 1542b
To: None <port-i386@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Christoph Badura <bad@flatlin.ka.sub.org>
List: port-i386
Date: 01/28/1997 04:02:00
ws@kurt.tools.DE (Wolfgang Solfrank) writes:
>Matthias Scheler writes:
>> Has anyone already modified the aha1542 driver to do target mode?

>I seem to remember having read somewhere sometime that the aha1542 doesn't
>support target mode.  Someone was having endless problems with this, and
>after a lot of fiddling with Adaptec support they simply stopped claiming
>target mode support for it.

I do remember the same.  I believe, Adaptec responded in no uncertain
terms that target mode never worked, was never supported and would
never be supported on the 154x series.

--
Christoph Badura	bad@flatlin.ka.sub.org

You don't need to quote my .signature.  Everyone has seen it by now.
Besides, it doesn't add anything to the current thread.