Subject: Re: com overflows
To: Jukka Marin <jmarin@pyy.jmp.fi>
From: Jeff Northon <jeffo@sasquatch.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 01/25/1997 09:39:46
Hayes currently has a one port and an eight port. From what I understand
the eight port is like two one port cards with three additional ports
"slaved onto" both two ports. It , if I understand this right, can be
set to use two irq's to handle the 8 ports. Also, It looks like you
can put two of these in a machine for 16 ports using 4 irq's.

We are using currently, 2, Hayes 2 port cards for 4 ports total.
The ports work very well at 115200 24 hours a day for the last year.
No com overruns, on 1.1 with a hacked com driver to allow 244 bytes
before an interupt. We would also be using 1.2 as the Hayes is
supported better in 1.2 and allows the full 1024 buffer to be used.

We would be using the Hayes 8 port cards if we could get more phone
lines.

Jeff Northon