Subject: Re: com overflows
To: Andrew Gillham <gillhaa@ghost.whirlpool.com>
From: Charles M. Hannum <mycroft@gnu.ai.mit.edu>
List: port-i386
Date: 01/24/1997 17:53:15
Andrew Gillham <gillhaa@ghost.whirlpool.com> writes:

> FWIW, the OpenBSD webpage mentions it fixed "a major i386 interrupt race"
> or something like that.  Perhaps it's related?  Maybe you could boot one
> of their kernels and see if the problem is just as bad.

Don't take this personally...

That comment on their web page is, quite frankly, pure bullshit.
AFAIK, it was written when a race condition in AST processing was
fixed.  Ignoring that the bug was identified by a NetBSD developer and
fixed quite some time ago, and that it only affects ASTs and thus
could not possibly be related to what Jukka is talking about, it's
also extremely minor and completely self-correcting.

And now I'll go back to providing a real solution for this problem.