Subject: Re: cyclade serial cards
To: Berndt Josef Wulf <wulf@ping.net.au>
From: Diana Eichert <deichert@wrench.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 01/19/1997 21:19:12
> > your machine have PCI slots?  Have you configured IRQ15 for ISA bus in
> > your BIOS?
> >

> Ok, found the problem....
>
> It didn't like IRQ15. I have reconfigured it to use IRQ5 and it works
> now. Also IRQ15 isn't used on my system it didn't want to know about
> it :(
>
> Sysinfo: NetBSD-1.2B, Octek Rhino 9, Cyrix 686-P120+, cyclom-8yo.

Yeah, some motherboards just assume that there is going to be secondary
IDE device on your system.  If there is no way to disable the secondary
IDE port or tell the BIOS to set IRQ to 15 you end up loosing that IRQ.
Don't ya just love PCI, plug n pray BIOSes.

diana

Diana Eichert
Auto Systems, Inc.
deichert@wrench.com